Saturday, November 26, 2005

Racist Arts Council (3)

Following my poor response from the Arts Council England, a letter has now been sent to the Commission for Racial Equality.

The Arts Council England is running a competition only open "to residents of the UK from an African, Asian or Caribbean background"

Does this breach the Race Relations Act? Would a similar competiton only open to UK residents of a European background be treated any differently?

Why is the Arts Council England allowed to exclude UK residents from a South American background?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really are looking to pick a fight!

wonkotsane said...

Ask them for a copy of their research. They are sending me a copy of the report apparently.

Snafu said...

Lascivious, I couldn't resist!!

Wonko, I've also asked them for the "clear evidence" of underfunding. I hope it's worth the wait...