Wednesday, November 30, 2005

National Pension Savings Scheme

Who will keep the contributions to the National Pensions Savings Scheme if an individual dies before or shortly after they retire? The Government or the 'pension' provider?

Why should anyone contribute 4% of their post tax earnings when about 40% of their gross earnings is already spent by Government?

When road pricing is introduced, hitting commuters particularly hard, a point will soon be reached when people are better off by not working!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the point where people are better off not working is already gone by.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I am seriously wondering why I drag myself up at 6.30 in the morning, stand all the way on a crowded commuter train, spend the day stressed, when I could be at home living very nicely off the state - and be paid a state pension without making any contributions!