Monday, November 28, 2005

Conservative Pension Crisis

When will the Conservative Party start representing the average person in the street on the pensions crisis rather than make cheap political capital out of whether Gordon Brown is trying to "sabotage" the Turner report or not.

If the Conservative Party ever reflected the views of people such as these ( highly recommended on the BBC Have your say website), they would be a serious threat to Labour. The views are currently the most highly recommended on the website.

I've given up caring now. Too much money is wasted on those who can't be bothered to help themselves - unless it's someone elses money. Stop giving money to those who cannot be bothered to work (or can't stop breeding) then there will be more to go around. I am fed up with people getting more in benefits than I am earning. I have a pension plan, I just can't afford to put enough into it.

JoJo Kavanagh, eSSEX ,Recommended by 100 people, Added: Thursday, 17 November, 2005, 18:50 GMT 18:50 UK

The Government is charging me
1 - more in income tax
2 - more in National Insurance
3 - more in Council Tax
4 - more for my passport
5 - I am paying £6000 a year to support my children through university
6 - I am being told I am not saving enuogh for my retirement (is there any wonder)
Now I have to work an extra 2 years to fund an increase in pension that I will not be entitled to because of my company pension - all so that the people who have spent a life on benifits do not have take a drop in their annual income.
This labour governement seems intent on making the working to middle classes pay for everything and get nothing back in return

Ted Matron, Selby, United Kingdom, Recommended by 92 people, Added: Thursday, 17 November, 2005, 13:14 GMT 13:14 UK

Stop giving all our hard-earned money to scroungers and help us people that want to save for our and our children's futures but cannot because we are so heavily taxed.

I read nearly everyday about yet another stealth tax dreamt up to milk us even more for our money. Gordon Brown - PLEASE leave our money alone!

[Lukeandmum], Recommended by 87 people, Added: Thursday, 17 November, 2005, 12:18 GMT 12:18 UK

While government workers retire at 60 on index-linked final salary pensions the rest of the population are expected to work to death to pay for them. It's good to see that people are finally waking up to this injustice. DO NOT LET LABOUR MAKE YOU PAY FOR THEIR CRONIES. Enough is enough.

Lance Grundy, Liverpool, United Kingdom, Recommended by 62 people, Added: Thursday, 17 November, 2005, 13:17 GMT 13:17 UK

Tommi - The milk of human kindness is difficult to maintain when you have to get up at 6am daily to sit in rush hour for 80 minutes, work full time, come home and run a home every day. All with the promise that your hard earned cash will be given to those who can't be bothered to work and at the end of it all you'll be too skint to have the heating on in winter.

Vikki Webb, Manchester, United Kingdom, Recommended by 61 people

No comments: