Wednesday, May 25, 2005

An open letter to Gordon Brown

I have been fiscally irresponsible and amassed considerable debts that I am no longer able to service, the money being spent on non-productive assets such as cars that have no inherent worth. Spending has consistently been higher than income. It's not my fault this money was spent on the wrong things or that other sums of money just "disappeared". It's also not right that so much of what I now earn is spent on interest repayments. How am I supposed to live on a pittance? I call upon you to write off all my debts. I could then start afresh, keep the car and make a positive contribution towards economic growth.

I pledge that I will no longer be fiscally irresponsible, new management is already in place and only minor corruption will now be tolerated. I will borrow and spend money sensibly in future. Replace me with Africa and Gordon might just agree!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed - corruption and bad management are rife in Africa. The governments need to be replaced before debts are eased.

Anonymous said...

Could Gordon just send me half of the taxation he's stolen from me and I promise to use it...wisely.