Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Sun tax

Will Peter Hain need to declare electricity sales to the National Grid from newly installed solar panels (50% funded by the taxpayer) on his house to the Inland Revenue?

If the solar panels add value to the house, the property could also move up a council tax band!

1 comment:

wonkotsane said...

Once the cost of installing the panels has been recouped and after depreciation and running costs are taken into account, he will be liable for tax on the income.